Monday, October 11, 2010

A Study of Trees



I work in a job that requires a great number of meetings. Not sure about you, but for me that requires a great deal of effort to stay awake or involved. So about a year and a half ago, I began to draw during meetings. At first it was some simple doodles, (they say people who doodle during meetings retain more information, so no one seemed to care) but over time they got a bit more intricate. I had been involved in art before, but had not really attempted anything of significance for about twenty years. My previous job and family duties kept me busy pretty much all of the time. Now with the new job, I have a lot more time to actually enjoy life and do some of the things I have been missing.

Since I have always had a fascination with nature, I took my renewed interest in art and I began to draw trees. My goal is to eventually capture the true essence of trees, whatever that means. This is one of the more recent drawings from my tree collection. This tree was drawn on 8.5" X 11" paper using ballpoint pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment